Hudson Maynard Adult Learning - Posted May 16, 2013
ABE Teacher / GED Teacher Hudson Maynard Adult Learning Center
Hudson Maynard Adult Learning Center is looking for an ABE teacher and a GED (Prep) instructor for the 2013-2014 school year. These are part time positions, two evenings per week (a total of 6 teaching hours plus 3 hours of paid prep time per week). Program and staff development hours are also provided. Remuneration is $26.65 per hour. The job description and qualifications are the same for each position.
- Prepares adult learners to take and pass the GED test.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and communicates these objectives to students.
- Maintains written lesson plans that are aligned with MA Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core Standards.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Help students develop essential skills they can use when transitioning to career and/or post secondary education
- Continues with personal professional development
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be familiar with, and be able to teach in accord with Massachusetts K-12 Common Core Standards.
- Should be qualified by DESE licensure standards.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of working with adult learners.
- Bachelor degree required
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Hudson Maynard Adult Learning Center is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The Hudson Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities.
The Hudson Public School system is committed to maintaining a school environment free of harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. Harassment by administrators certified and support personnel, students, vendors and other individuals at school or at school-sponsored events is unlawful and is strictly prohibited. The Hudson Public School system requires all employees and students to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner with respect to their fellow employees, students and all members of the school community.