3/1/17 MCAS Security Meetings
· Meeting with Principals to discuss newly required MCAS Security Plans for March and April tests
3/3/17 Read to Classrooms at all elementary levels (Forest & Mulready)
3/7/17 Finance Committee
· Patty Lange and I, with Committee support, answered the Finance Committee’s questions regarding the FY18 budget
3/8/17 District Leadership Team
· Major topics covered include: Professional development specifically around high quality objectives, Health and Safety Protocols and, Professional Development Time Agenda included in your packet.
School Level Next Generation MCAS Assessment Presentations
· The Principals will be presenting a next generation MCAS informational session to parents. There will be two presentations.
· The presentation designed for elementary families that will take place at on Wednesday, March 29th at 6:00 p.m. in the Forest Avenue Library. Elementary testing begins on Tuesday, April 25th.
· The Elementary Leadership Team has done a substantial amount of work on this presentation to fulfill expectations. This should be a very informative night for families.
· Developed in conjunction with the Forest Avenue Home and School a Google form has been developed so that parents are able to submit questions prior to the event.
· This will allow for all parents’ questions to be answered at the event, including those regarding scores. This form will be made available to all schools.
· There will also be breakout sessions where parents can ask questions related to their particular school.
· If parents from an individual building have unanswered questions or issues, the Principals would be more than willing to host an additional night at their buildings.
· The elementary communication plan for families is as follows:
· General ListServ announcement encouraging parents to save the date for the presentation sent out week of March 6th
· Back pack letter announcing the event to parents in grade 3 & 4 sent home week of March 20th
· Google Form to parents soliciting questions for the night sent out via listserv week of March 27th
· The Presentation designed for secondary parents is scheduled for Thursday, March 16th at 6:00 p.m.
· The secondary level communication plan is as follows:
· Phone call to high school parents the evening of March 9th
· School Messenger email on the afternoon of March 9th
· Added to the Quinn ListServ
· Phone call to Quinn families next week prior to the event
Potential Dates for School Committee Budget Forum
· The School Committee asked to have a live budget forum where they could discuss the budget with their constituents.
· This meeting needs to occur after the March 28th meeting when a current forecast will be presented and the Committee has some decision points to make.
· The School Committee asked me to identify a potential date for this meeting.
· Currently April 4th could be a potential date. It is close to the decision points and could be well publicized.
All enrollment numbers are up to date as of the writing of this report. They are unofficial numbers. The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education collects snapshots of enrollment data three times per year October, March, and June. I will provide you with monthly enrollment numbers so that you can be aware of the amount of fluctuation that may or may not be occurring on a monthly basis.