Free/Reduced Information

If you are earning at or below current Income Eligibility Guidelines, we encourage you to contact your school to fill out a school meal application.  The Food Service Department will process your application and issue an eligibility determination based on the state guidelines.

What you should know....

  • Meals are free this school year but the district and you can still benefit from you filling out the free/reduced meal application. 
  • We encourage families to also apply for SNAP for additional benefits. Go to SNAP for more information. 
  • Application can be submitted at any time of the year.
  • Applications must be completely filled out.  Applications not completely filled out will cause a delay in the eligibility determination.  
  • If you are receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, your child automatically qualifies for free school meals.  Please contact your school to determine if you need to fill out an application.
  • You may be asked to give written proof of eligibility.
  • Eligibility letters received by parents must be kept for reference.
  • Students attending Hudson Public Schools the previous year who were eligible for free or reduced meals at the end of the school year will continue to receive benefits.  A new form must be filled out each school year to continue to receive benefits for the remainder of the school year.
  • Applications may be dropped off at your child's school or to the attention of Food Services in the Administration Building at 155 Apsley Street.
The federal free lunch program only includes a full breakfast and a full lunch meal.  It does not include extra drinks (milk, juice, water) or a la carte items and snacks.  If your child brings a lunch from home and is not getting the free or reduced meal, they are required to pay for their drink.